RS Thursday announcement? the Struggle + empty worlds

Hey there folks. 

I've been playing deadman mode from just about the start, and have trained alongside many others to make money and skill, and have also watched many others quit. I still play to this day, but am wondering if there was something I did that has led me to a poor moneymaking/training method. 24/7 pkers get money and training at the same time, which has led me only to 92 combat albeit with barrage. 

I have seen Camelot bank for the first time in a while today, which contained roughly 3 to 4 people, on WORLD 345. Yes, it was right after a RoT raid and there were many piles on the ground, but can that really even be compared to the dozens and dozens of people that once filled that bank? It's no secret that Deadman numbers are dwindling and currently sit at ~1,800 people throughout all worlds.

There was a topic on the Zybez forums in which EOMERI A.K.A. 0starijengi (leader of #fools clan), in response to an ex-DI member's thread stated: 'Rot will dominate U.S.A. timezone and Fools will own Finnish/European timezone, and that's the way it will be until Deadman dies/shuts down' I am currently trying to find the topic to link into the URL, however the OP began taking a lot of hate from the comments (possibly due to bad blood between him and other clans/members.

What could Jagex's announcement on Thursday possibly be? How low will Deadman numbers sink before all of the skillers are wiped out and there are no more supplies left? 

I used to not be in favor of this, not even in the slightest due to all of the time I have put into my Deadman account, but would any of you guys actually prefer a restart, or do you think history will just repeat itself. I am looking forward to hearing everybody's thoughts.

I posted a topic a little while back about the war on rot and taking over a few places around Runescape. None of what's currently happened to the game mode leads be to believe that is a pipe dream or 'too hard to accomplish,' but I'm afraid while we're training, the rest of the community will simply quit and supplies will become null. Yew logs have risen from 430-450gp each to 550-570gp each, Sharks have gone up from 750gp each to 1k each, abyssal whips rose again after their crash, so on and so forth. 

Will this announcement make or break it all? This is actually quite amusing when viewed from an objective perspective as Deadman mode is almost akin to political power struggle and the laws imposed on the different parties involved, i.e. safezones and multicombat to United Nations war-free zones and international waters XD.

ALL OF THE PICTURES BELOW ARE TAKEN IN WORLD 345.

2015.12.09_10-27-06.thumb.png.a7417b39c1

2015.12.09_10-28-18.thumb.png.27e7ea03af

2015.12.09_10-28-30.thumb.png.bc38cd3bda

2015.12.09_10-28-43.thumb.png.925db4abbf

2015.12.09_10-29-43.thumb.png.19244af662\

I probably don't have to post this as well, but here's the world list and how many people are in each world. The reason why I snapped this shot is because, I've seen it low before, but never this low despite the time at night.

2015.12.09_10-38-40.thumb.png.2f5999050e

Fuuuck, man something needs to happen soon tbh, i think thursday will be make or break, cause if im not wrong i believe b0aty himself said he would quit if he died and there was no big update thursday to improve DMM aka ClanManMode(His words) I love this game mode and i want it to live on but tbh it was a lot more fun in the beginning when people weren't so scared to go to places, like edge bank was actually a place you could go and bank without instant death, now goodluck catching anyone going to edge bank that isn't in #Fool/RoT/CT honestly.. theres legit like territories that clans own and it's interesting seeing how it's all falling into place.

Ps. Quality post bro, should spark a good debate, i'm really curious to see the future of DMM

Thats the problem. Some of us already DO have fun, but the 'keep having fun' part is implying there are many people currently having fun. Just got finished watching an AC streamer who got killed by GL Im Tom, who has Rend backing him who has Rot backing them who has Fools backing them. really trying to avoid the image/perception of the pessimist in this case if i can, just trying to show why some players' hopes may be broken/lose hope if they look at the situation objectively (which has to change)

I have barrage now and a high agility and am ready to PK, will probably go on a pking trip with some AC members after the DMM stuff is announced. I don't want to risk dying if I'll just get wasted by level 120s running from lumb to varrock on the rebuild.

But again, no disrespect to those who currently enjoy this Deadman mode, I just have turned a blind eye to the ones who truly get angry and drop out when they get killed repeatedly. 

This is a lawless zone yes, but it is up to the players and developers to make it function. If Jagex was slightly more poetic, I'd say they created this game mode to simulate anarchy and what would happen if the powers that be were overthrown and claimed by those with no responsibility or respect for what is. It's not about people not having fun, it's about people being non existent: neither grieving, raging, having fun, just an emptiness of a shell that serves no purpose to both the oppressors and the oppressed. 

yeh, i'll wait and remain active until the last beating second of DMM and I'll be with you guys who have been there thru it all, from start to bloody finish (or continuation)

yeh, itll be fun, no lie

On a brighter note, I'ma take a smoke break now and chill out, almost got merced at the cammy tele spot :D Phoenix necklace to the rescue. C u all bright and early 2morro.

Sry for the pessimism, this post isn't about changing anything, that's not why I made it, I (and hopefully we) will do something about it. This post is observation and evidence of the what is. 

We CAN change all of this, but the first step is understanding this game is CONSTANTLY changing. Today in Deadman mode is different than Yesterday, and Yesterday is drastically different than a week ago. Adapting and overcoming is the way to go, factoring in updates, players' tendencies, and our own capabilities.

I agree with what you said. It's really a simple fix to be honestly to all this. It's having level limits in some area for example around everything before wolf mountain you can't attack anyone under 20 levels. However low levels can attack you and then you can attack them. Giving the chance for a lower level to risk it all or nothing type. So a level 125 is walking around and a level 90 see it. He might be just say "Alright, This is my amount to get bank loot!" then he goes and pokes the 125 with a d scim However everything in wildy all levels can attack you and being skulled means everyone or anywhere can attack you.

Then everything after wolf mountain put in level range limits so example 21 can't be attacked by anyone but people under level 50 a level 61 can't be attacked by anyone but under level 80 then 80+ can be attacked by anyone. Simple level caps like this will see a big fix to rot and other people killing skiller and stuff. I know it's a pvp game mode but without the skillers. Go and make your own arrows, dragon bolts, your own potion and farm your own items. Might as well remove trade at this point if you think skillers should go back to osrs or make everyone an ironman. They're needed. 

I honestly don't die unless I'm doing something risky which is duo, I have all the quest I need atm (Need mm and DT done only) I have escape and other stuff planned out in advance but their people that prefer to play in a different way which is more risky but in all honestly. Killing someone that is level 50ish and you're a 110+ cb with 5 keys already is trash. Dude is getting like 200k per hour cutting yew trees and you attack him without even picking his stuff up or getting his bank key since it's only around 50k

correct, which leads to the "it's only me doing it" mentality... so what if people stopped killing skillers on the large scale? Then that one person that sees an easy kill will go for it and say, 'look the skillers are still doing what they always do, nothing's changed just because i did it,' and now it's only a group of 50 people killing skillers because 'nothing changes.' Well, i think something big has changed. We need to fix it before it's too late. When is too late? IDK, idk if the skillers have stopped skilling or have quit. idk where all the people went. Are they hanging on the edge of their seat waiting for that magical update that will 'fix all,' or has Deadman left such a bad taste in their mouths that they have just washed their hands of it and forgotten. Thursday, I suppose. Sittin here with about 3m gp worth of stuff, 94 magic, and need to switch back to ancients. Don't want to go into the desert if I'm going to simply get plowed by a clan to change my magicks, which will leave me training my stats up yet again at the now emptier yaks.

But I will wait. The stats are ready, the money's ready, I just want to last longer than 2 hours pking before I find myself camping a bank with 400 noted sharks and 30 prayer pots getting swarmed by 40 people, if I do happen to skull -same goes for my teammates.

Edited by takeudown